Discover more about your family roots through Scotland and Ireland and travel along your ancestor’s journey through history. You will unearth family secrets and find physical links to your distance, and potentially famous, ancestors.
This custom-tailored tour will introduce you to castles, past homes, work places, ancestral mythology etc. that have featured in your family history. Traverse the magnificent landscape of your ancestor's home and find the wonders that shaped your genealogical past. From Neolithic Standing Stones to Roman Ruins, grand archives to local inns, there is no end to the connections you will make in Scotland and Ireland.
Before departing on your ancestral adventure and, depending on your where your allegiances lie, you may wish to learn more about your Clan Tartans and the Tradition Highland or Celtic Dress.
Your first stop might be at a renowned kiltmaker and tartan manufacturer who will be able to show you the both the origins and developments of your family tartan over the centuries. Here you will have the opportunity to commission some Highland Dress in your family tartan for collection later in your stay.
- Visit Kinloch Anderson Kiltmakers
- Discover origins and developments of your family tartan
- Optionally, commission your own Highland Dress
St Brides & Crawford Castle
- Visit St Brides Church, location of the marriage of Daniel Donaldson Crawford & Jane Murray
- Visit St Brides Graveyard, burial location of Crawfords, Murrays and Wilsons
- Visit Crawford Castle, circa 1175, former centre of the Barony of Crawford
- Visit Crawfurdland Castle, circa 1245, home to the Craufurds of Craufurdland
- Visit Estate and Castle
- Enjoy Activities & Hospitality