Discover more about your family roots through Scotland and travel along your ancestor’s journey through history. You will unearth family secrets and find physical links to your distance, and potentially famous, ancestors.
This custom-tailored tour will introduce you to castles, past homes, work places, ancestral mythology etc. that have featured in your family history. Traverse the magnificent landscape of Scotland and find the wonders that shaped your genealogical past. From Neolithic Standing Stones to Roman Ruins, grand archives to local inns, there is no end to the connections you will make in Scotland.
Before leaving Edinburgh and depending on your where your allegiances lie, you may wish to learn more about your Clan Tartans and Scotland’s Tradition Highland Dress.
First stop on this tour should be at the kiltmaker of the Royal Family, Kinloch Anderson. Through their impeccable knowledge of the Scottish Clans and their Tartans, Kinloch Anderson will be able to show you the both the origins and developments of your family tartan over the centuries. Here you will have the opportunity to commission some Highland Dress in your family tartan for collection later in your stay.
- Visit Kinloch Anderson Kiltmakers
- Discover origins and developments of your family tartan
- Optionally, commission your own Highland Dress
St Brides & Crawford Castle
- Visit St Brides Church, location of the marriage of Daniel Donaldson Crawford & Jane Murray
- Visit St Brides Graveyard, burial location of Crawfords, Murrays and Wilsons
- Visit Crawford Castle, circa 1175, former centre of the Barony of Crawford
- Visit Crawfurdland Castle, circa 1245, home to the Craufurds of Craufurdland
- Visit Estate and Castle
- Enjoy Activities & Hospitality